The Parry Sound Friendship Centre is one of the "original six" Friendship Centres in Ontario, founded in 1966. Its goals are:
- To provide a medium for the meeting of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people and the development of mutual understanding through common activities.
- To stimulate and assist Aboriginal self-expression and the development of Aboriginal Leadership.
- To assist and encourage study of Aboriginal needs and the planning of services with Aboriginal people and both public and private agencies.
- Life Long Care
- Community Action Program for Children
- Health Outreach
- Healing & Wellness
- Mental Health Demonstration Project
- Combined Criminal/Family Court Worker